How to post posts on a different page in wordpress?



Q:I have just made a website in wordpress and I need to post posts on more than one page. I have the Home page which all my posts go too but I cant post anything to my other pages. I have a technology page and gaming page. I want to be able to post posts relevant to technology on the technology page and the same for gaming. Then have all my posts show on the home page. I don't know any coding so I will need you to explain very simply, sorry. Thank you.
 
 
 Ans1:
I don't remember the exact way I had this set up, but I'll make an attempt to help out.
First off, I seem to remember that you could not post things on separate pages *AND* have those posts show up on the front page; it was one or the other.
My workaround was to set up categories for all of my posts, and then set up pages that redirected to the category pages.
Everything was then on the front page, and users could filter posts based upon subject.

The basic setup:
You need this plugin: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/page…

Then, make all the pages you want, and set up corresponding categories. You can view category pages at yourwebsite.com/&cat=someNumber. You can figure out what's what there.

Then, edit each of the pages. At the bottom, it should have a box saying "Page Links To." Put the address to the corresponding category there, and save.

Once you get them all, try test-posting something of each category, then go to the pages and see what happens!

Cheers!


Responses

0 Respones to "How to post posts on a different page in wordpress?"

Post a Comment

 

Recent Comments

Popular Posts

Return to top of page Copyright © 2013 | Ontaheen